Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bliss: A Title Defined

Bliss. [blis] noun
(1) supreme happiness; utter joy or contentment
(2) heaven; paradise


When I looked up the definition of bliss on none other than dictionary.com, I found about 5 results. These two were my favorite and evoke the feeling that I envision when I chose the name of my blog. My overall goal in my life is to keep a state of joy despite my circumstances, and I think this really embodies that. And how could the word paradise not make you think of bliss?? I think of sitting on a beautiful beach with a cold glass of iced tea in my hand. Ahh that's bliss. But to get a better picture, I decided to do a google image search of bliss. These are the top bunch of results I got:


1) The Pure Bliss nail polish by Essie: this pale pink is overall just calming, and I absolutely LOVE Essie.
2) I just think this ethereal girl depicts an utter innocence (and adorableness) that bliss should contain. And how happy does she look??

3) This was a very common scene on the google search, and I can see why. Just looking at the rolling hills and perfectly blue sky just put me in a state of contentment.

4) Cappuccino. If you know me at all, you would know that I am obsessed with any form of coffee. So I definitely agree that coffee = bliss. Hmm maybe some coffee would be good...

5) Chocolate. You may also know that I don't like chocolate, but I do love my fair dose of food and sugar. Who doesn't though?



6) This beautiful bride that just radiates bliss. I could go on for hours about how much I love weddings, but I can't think of anything more blissful than a couple deeply in love.


So, all of that to say that I think life is bliss. It may not be perfect like these pictures sometimes, but I try to maintain that constant state of contentment that transcends good times and bad. 





No comments:

Post a Comment